Friday, March 26, 2010

Email With iTunes Store Support Staff

Hi Brandie

I am afraid you still do not understand my problem. So perhaps it would be clearer if I type within your reply below. Please note my comments in red.

Thank you.

Regards
Moreen


> Hi Moreen,
>
> Lilly, is out of the office. My name is Brandie, and I am more then happy to help you out with this. I understand when you try to install the app "PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2" it is asking you to purchase it again. I can certainly appreciate how eager you must be to try it out.
>
> You do not have to pay for apps when installing them Moreen, it may be helpful to download the app right to your iPhone.

I had already downloaded the app to my iPhone when I purchased it the first time, but due to an unfortunate syncing incident with iTunes that erased the app from my iPhone, I would like to download it again since I am already halfway through the game. I can't say I am really all that eager but since I have already paid for it, it is only natural that I would like to download it again. Although I must say the game is rather enjoyable. Please pass along any appreciation you may have to the developers of the game for a game that provided me with much entertainment.

> You can redownload applications to your computer, or iPhone that you have previously purchased from the App Store, without additional charges.

Yes, I do indeed have this intention! However, when I tried to do that, I was CHARGED AGAIN for an app that I had already purchased. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the system should be able to detect that I have already purchased the item and allow me to download without any additional charges. Instead, it simply allowed me to download the app and the next thing I know, I was charged another $4.99 for the app.

> To learn how to redownload previously purchased applications, please refer to the steps in this article:
>
> How to redownload purchased apps from the App Store
> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519
>
> If you have difficulty downloading any applications, please consult this article:
>
> Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store
> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702
>
> Also Moreen, I do need to mention that while processing your order, we have been unable to get authorization for your purchase MGLN5KV5NH in the amount of $4.99.
>
> The best way to resolve this issue is to contact your credit card company and advise them of the situation. Please make sure your billing information for the iTunes Store matches your credit card company’s records exactly.
>
> Apple will continue to try to get authorization on this credit card for the outstanding balance for the next seven days. Until this balance is paid in full, you will not be able to make any new purchases from the iTunes Store.
>
> Another option available to you is to purchase an iTunes Gift Card and redeem it on your account for the outstanding balance.

Of course my dear Brandie, in view of the fact that I have already purchased the app, I have halted the payment for this transaction until we can get this sorted out. I am sure if you were in my shoes, you would also not understand the logic of paying again for something that you have already paid for.

> I hope this information has been helpful, Moreen. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reply to this email. Have a great day.

Yes, you can do me a huge favour by simply doing the only logical solution to this little problem I have, which if I may point out, neither you nor Lilly has offered to do so far, that is to cancel the second "purchase". All I want to do is to download a game that I have already paid for into my iPhone again.

> Sincerely,
>
> Brandie
> iTunes Store Customer Support
>
> Please Note: This week I work Tues. - Fri., 8 - 12 & Sat. 8 - 8 PM ET
>
> Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.
~~~
EPIC FAIL!!!