Monday, March 14, 2011

Moral Corruption

The more I read about Japan, the more depressed I feel.

And the more depressed I feel, the more the anger starts to build.

Why do things have to be like that? Is it really part of the grand scheme of things? What are we doing if everything is just going to be messed up like that?

As if the earthquake and tsunami is not enough, now there has to be a nuclear threat, which seems impossible to contain, and maybe leading to even more horrible things happening.

I have always believed in a greater power out there. That everything happens for a reason. And that if we are strong enough, believe enough, there will always be a way. But I just can't but question this faith. Is there really a reason for all of this? Is there cause for such pain and suffering? Is it really our lot to be forced to cope with tragedy happening after after tragedy?

Or is it really our fault that all this is happening? Perhaps humankind have really done a great wrong. And now our greed, our selfishness, our depravity have finally led us to this point. A point where we could only watch helplessly and wonder when and if it will happen us.

I don't know why I am thinking this way. I can't help it.

Perhaps ignorance is really bliss. I shall stop reading the news once I get over my hysteria.