Wednesday, May 04, 2011

5:56 and I managed to kill all that boring time! Feels like a tiny [insert random sports term describing when players does some awesome shit and everyone cheers]

I am bored.

I still have like 43 minutes to kill before I can charge get out of the office like a cow with a fire burning her arse. Meeting the girls to celebrate FK's birthday, which is tomorrow. Looking forward to it so much. I love my Pinkies very much. Even though I know they probably don't love me as much.

Was chatting with my colleague, Pat, today during our shopping-lunch (that is when we skip lunch to do some quick shopping, opting to wolf down packed lunches, today it's Subway, in the office afterwards) and the topic of interest vs. careers came up.

She concluded that she would be great in a customer service role while I, well, I being clueless as to what my forte in life is replied, "I think I would make a great general, releasing all my pent-up frustration and anger through screaming orders at people." And we both had a good laugh out of that.

But seriously, I really have no idea what for me a good career make. I sorta always wanted to be a teacher, but I honestly doubt my abilities to remain patient and caring in the face of children who may be impossible to teach, because let's face it, there are a lot of dumbshit kids in this world just waiting to screw adults over. Not being judgmental, just stating an observation I have from my 28 years, a significant portion of that as a dumbshit kid myself.

Although I am pretty sure about one thing. I cannot mix my interests and my career, because I would probably either get really frustrated and/or lose my interest entirely sooner or later. The joys of having hobbies and pastimes is the sheer bliss of indulging in them after a tiring/stressful/annoying day at work, which feels so much more magnified because you felt so fucked up in the moments leading up to it. Maybe I am an oddball here, but it is what it is.

Unless we are talking about a career in singing. Or acting. Or clowning. I would love being any of those things. Except that I am not a particularly great singer, I do okay, I guess, just not great, and I don't think I will excel at being an actress or a clown as I feel severe anxiety if I have to talk in front of a lot of people.

However, Pat did mention that she thinks that I am a very logical and analytical person, which would be great in a role related to system process analysis. Huh?

Those words are very foreign to me. I have heard many terms used to describe me. Temperamental, friendly, loud, easy-going, grouchy, funny, bitch, etc, etc, but logical and analytical? I don't know.

I do like things to make sense to me. I don't consider myself as a stupid person, hence if there is something I cannot rationalise out in my mind in any way, then it is something beyond my level of understanding so it would essentially be redundant for me to even try to comprehend it any further. But then again, I am a ridiculous person with a random abundance of peculiar, wayward thoughts...

Oh well, I really have no idea, so whatever. Although a system process analyst sounds really cool, doesn't it? Or system analysis processor? That sounds like a proper job too. One that brings in a lot of the big bucks. Right, right?