Monday, June 13, 2011

To 15 Wonderful Years... And Counting!

Back to Swiss Cottage for Yoko's pre-wedding video shoot yesterday.

All the memories of us as kids just came back in such a rush. It was indeed a great day.

For a few hours, we donned the familiar turquoise skirts, that I had grown to love so much in my years as a Swiss student, and it was almost like the old times. Walking around together, laughing together, having fun together.

A lot has changed in the past 12 years since we left Swiss. The school building has changed, all of us has changed, even the neighbourhood has changed, but one thing hasn't.

Us.

We were always together back then, we are still always together now.

No matter how far along I may have come from that sulky-looking fat girl who always wore a t-shirt underneath her shirt because she was somehow afraid that people could see her bra (so silly I know!), my friendship with the girls has never changed. I have learnt so much from them throughout the years, not just about the world around us but also about myself. They are my pillars of support in whatever I do.

And they are the most valuable gift that I have gotten from my time in Swiss Cottage.

Pinkies. My friends, my companions, my sisters.


<3