Monday, April 08, 2013

Monday!

The big three-o is fast becoming a somewhat boring age to be. Not that I am complaining. I feel extremely connected to this peace and calm that I have been enjoying for a while now.

Except when unwanted noise comes along and attempts to threaten my sense of balance.

Sometimes I really wonder what some people's brains are made of. They seemed so hellbent on behaving like toilet water. No real purpose in life until some shit comes along.

It is a constant struggle just trying to hold myself from beating the crap out of these people. Not that I would be any good in a fight, but hey, I think I can get in some sizable damage some way or another before I go down. I hope. *shrugs*

For a while now, my mind has been kinda preoccupied with this strange inkling that I have lost my sense of self somewhere along the way. Where did all the fight, the stubbornness, the gumption and the anger that I have always relied on gone to?

When I hear people tell me I have changed into a more pleasant and accommodating person, I actually get chills. Who the hell wants to be a ninny, a yes-person who does not stand up for herself? And most importantly, am I a hypocrite if I treat even the people who I dislike in the same "pleasant and accommodating" manner?

What has turning 30 done to me?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, I am now also prone to bimbotic fits of exclamations.

I don't know man. One theory I can think of to explain is the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs, to a certain extent. For those goondus (excuse me, but I need to release the meanness somewhere, somehow) out there who have no idea what the poot Maslow Hierarchy of Needs is, please visit the good folks at Wikipedia, for an in-depth explanation.

In a nutshell though, it simply means that when all your basic needs are fulfilled, you will reach this level of self-awareness that basically makes you less inhibited and learn how to appreciate life better, hence becoming a happier and fulfilled individual.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

Okay, now that I am somewhat on fire with this topic, I have decided to visit the good folks at Wikipedia myself for a graphical representation of the Maslow's hierarchy, also known as Maslow's Pyramid. Let's study.



Level 1: Physiological
The most basic slab of human needs. I guess with the exception of occasional constipation which is a m****f***** pain in the knnnbccunextuesday, I would say these are fulfilled to a certain acceptable level.

Level 2: Safety
Hmmm, okay all pass. Level up!

Level 3: Love/Belonging
Contrary to popular belief, this level also pass ok! I am a very adored and loved individual by a lot of people. On top of that, I have enough love for myself to qualify for this level all by itself! ;)

Level 4: Esteem
Please see level 3! NEXT!

Level 5: Self-actualization
And tadaaaaaaah! We have self-actualization, the central of all that is pleasant and accommodating and what not!

Of course I am not saying that I have already self-actualized. Please. I think only people who can eat chocolate without getting fat and have no constipation problems can be self-actualized. I am saying that at this specific point of time in my life, circumstances have somehow lined up in such a way that it is possible for me to portray traits of self-actualization.

Okay, this just made me dizzy. I stop here.