Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy 30th To Me!!!

So I am officially 30, which according to a friend of mine, is considered middle age. I have omitted his name in case many women wants to hunt him down and beat him up.

I know I have been making quite a bit of fuss about this turning of a decade for me. I even had multiple birthday celebrations when I turned 29 because I could not bear the thought that I will never be able to celebrate another 2-something birthday again. I guess part of the reason is my own disbelief and denial that I am really crossing over (OMFG, where did all the time go?!), and rambling about it helps to remind me that it is true.

But the biggest reason is that I personally feel that turning 30 is definitely a big deal.

30 leh! 30, you know! That's 10+10+10! It means a person has been on this earth for a reasonably long amount of time, accumulated a reasonable amount of experiences and, hopefully, wisdom. And the culmination of this has, more or less, structured the personality and character of this person.

Meaning, this is a point when you most likely already have an idea of the kind of person you are and you can now decide, if you so desire, whether you want to be the same person for the next 10, 20 years or if a change is in order.

So which one will it be for me? Well, if you ask me, I still feel like a dumbshit kid all the time. I really don't know how to feel more grown-up and more adult. Except maybe when I contribute to the household allowance every month, I always feel very important when I do that. So I definitely hope for more maturity and strength to deal with whatever tribulations that will come my way, because life is for sure not rosy everyday.

But but but, I have to say that I am not entirely unhappy about where I am in life right now. Despite the fact that I seem angry and frustrated all the time, and have been compared to The Hulk on many occasions. But life's been really kind to me. I am surrounded by my love ones, have a comfortable living, and get to do the things I like and want to do most of the time. I really have nothing much to nitpick on. I may not be great or change lives, but I am content and very grateful.

And if this is what middle age is like, then middle age is seriously great.

Here's hoping for another awesome decade!