Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Thoughts 2010

2010 is passing in a jiffy! Oh so fast! Eotteohke! Eotteohke!

If you ask me, I don't really recall doing anything particularly great or worth remembering for the centuries.

But I have to say 2010 is a good year for me.

I managed to stay happy, rather healthy, and also learn more about myself, my capabilities and inch a little bit closer to knowing what I want out of life.

Not that I am any closer to realising my dream. In fact I still don't really know what my dream is. But it's not something I am overly worried about. Not everyone is born with a dream, and who is to say that I MUST have a dream just because I am precariously close to 30, 29, 28, 27.95?

The important thing is to never stop seeking for opportunities to have new experiences and also not to allow yourself to become stagnant with your current way of life, unless you are really happy and contented.

I feel that in my own way, I am doing that. What I really want right now is to indulge in my love for travelling; to see more of the world and open myself up to different cultures and things that I may not even have imagined possible before.

And taking a solo trip to Japan next year definitely counts towards that. I do have my misgivings about travelling to Japan wholly alone. The last time round, I did met up with friends and was not entirely alone. This time would be different, I will really be on my own for two weeks. There are times when I really wonder if I could do it or if the loneliness would get to me.

But the part of me that is very excited about the trip would not let the misgivings take away any of the enthusiasm I have. And I know it won't be a problem at all. I will be in Japan for toot's sake! The country of great food, fashion and lots and lots of SUPER CUTE people. What's not to like?

No complaints in the other aspects too. I am still surrounded by a close-knitted group of my wonderfully quirky family and friends. Work-wise, I have nice colleagues and there will be some new challenges for myself in the new year that I look forward to learning from.

All in all, 2010 is coming to a neat close, although sometimes I find life a tad boring, but it's nothing a quick meet-up with the Pinkies or the Special 4orce won't solve. Although I do want to be more healthy, sleep earlier and save up some money in the coming year.

But it's all pretty good. I am good. Really good. =D