Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Day!

Bonus time came early this year, and I received mine last week! Yaay! I really wanted to buy something to reward myself, so after some contemplation, I decided to get myself...


...a little paper bag with that glorious mark of the devil.


And the black box... Getting hot now.

>
Getting hotter...


Taaadah!!!

My very first branded purse! In a colour that I absolutely love! Heehee! I am usually not that much of a brand-conscious person, but a purse is something that I can potentially carry with me for a long time, so I really wanted to get something real nice. Thought of getting a Burberry initially, but Pau advised me to look at a few different ones first before deciding, so we spent the entire afternoon at Marina Bay Sands, looking at all the different brands. Such an atas afternoon! And this Prada caught my eye and crawled into my heart. Nothing else I looked at after strike my fancy at all.

And the sales associates from Prada were really wonderful. They were helpful, friendly and made me feel like an esteemed customer. Fact that I had the look of a woman who was determined to get her Prada today may contribute to that, but still, it was a nice experience. Getting a little inkling why some people spend their lives chasing after brands, but it's definitely not something I want to, or can even afford to, indulge in too often. But still, love my new purse! <3 <3 <3

And then, to end the day, following what I did last year, I bought myself a celebratory B&J's ice-cream!



Reading back on last year's entry, I do feel glad that I managed to buy the things that I really wanted since last year. Being able to achieve your personal wants with your own "able-ness" is a really nice feeling.

I still feel like a kid all the time. Every time I give my parents money or pay my own bills, I have this strong feeling of surreality. But maybe, just maybe, my new purse has gotten me a little closer to mental adulthood. =D