Tuesday, June 05, 2012

I Love The Word Conundrum So Very Much, It Makes Me Sound Smart

Sleep eludes! OMFZONKINGG HOWTHEHELLAMIGOINGTOWAKEUPINTIMEFORWORKTMR???!??!

I been thinking about someone a lot lately. No, this person is not some crush or potential love interest. Just someone I feel like I have let down a long time ago. Someone who had been a really good friend and was there for me a lot during a difficult time. But whom I feel like I had let down, because I wasn't able to reciprocate by being a better friend.

Maybe the guilt is finally catching up with me after all these years, but somehow the need to contact this person to say something is getting more and more overwhelming.

I think friendships are a lot like relationships sometimes. You tend to do more for people who don't seem to care as much about you, and unwittingly take people who is always there for granted, simply because they are so available. But sometimes this backfires in your face, and you realise you've really lost a good one.

I can only conclude all relationships, as long as it deals with human behaviour and emotions, can be really tricky. Sometimes I get so tired from all this crap. That is until I remember I am afraid of loneliness too.

Again. Conundrum.