Monday, May 21, 2012

What We Have

Had a discussion with my friends a couple of weeks ago regarding our personal achievements in life, and we all pretty much came to the same realisation. In the grand scheme of  life, all of us were pretty much average achievers.

The usual house, car, BABIES aside, which I think are already pretty amazing feats that most of my friends managed to achieve considering the fact that we were all silly kids with bad haircuts when we first met, none of us seemed to be able to think of anything in particular that have changed the world or inspired anyone in anyway.

But, there is nothing wrong with that, is there? The key point here is not what we have done to make the world a better place for others. Rather the important thing here is whether we are happy, or even proud, of where we are in our current place.

And after mulling over, I decided that I am, I really am. I may not be the happiest of people, but at least I am OK with the personal achievements, or so-called, that I have somehow managed to accumulate in the past almost 30 years of my life. Which I can tell you right now, is really not so bad. There are much, much worst places to be than just OK. Sometimes, just OK is definitely just fine.

I am becoming more and more convinced that the big 30 will not be as scary as I had always believed. That crazy unknown age that all girls in their 20s somehow fear, even a little, as they trudge slowly, but surely, towards. It may just be the glorious years that I have always been looking for.