Wednesday, March 28, 2012

But I Hope I Don't Go Crazy From Extended Periods Of No Human Contact Here At The End Of The World

I have officially shifted and settled in my new seat. I think I am liking my new space. Although I am literally next to big boss, separated by just one side of my cubicle, I feel that there is more privacy and quiet now, because I am right at the end and in a corner.

Although I am quite chatty and enjoy yabbering with my colleagues when we were sitting together, I definitely need peace and silence when I need to work on something, or I will end up listening to the noise and getting distracted. And while I can work when listening to music, it must be able to block out any external noises, so the louder the better.

For this reason, I am the most productive at the end of the day, after everyone has left the office. Optimally there should be enough silence to hear the sound of the air-con. There is just something soothing and calming about that light churning sound that helps me to concentrate.

Is this weird or typical?