Thursday, March 15, 2012

I am a whimsical.

The weather is really wonderful today. I really feel like staying in, curling up in bed with a good romance, and just lazy the day away. Unfortunately, I am not a princess and it is not a weekend, so here I am in the office, freezing fingers, staring at my computer, trying to muster up some form of enthusiasm for work.

Such is life. I am not unhappy about it. I just wish that there is more to look forward to, more to be excited about.

Been feeling rather contemplative recently. In a good way. I think I am feeling more at peace and calm as compared to last year. I don't like to wallow in misery or self-pity for too long when unpleasant things happen to me, simply because it is a waste of time to do so. I rather just be angry, get it out of system and then put my energy to finding a solution.

Although I know very well that peace and calm does not last forever. For every pond, a pebble is bound to be thrown to ripple the stillness. But it is never a good thing to wind yourself up so tightly, waiting for something to happen, that you forget to take stock of the beauty in the world around you.

Like nature and arts, for instance. Not only are they viable escapes for the melancholy mind, they can actually be a form of replenishment that helps to fill up an empty heart.

I especially like rainy days. Even when I am thoroughly sodden with wet shoes that would make anyone miserable, I still like the rain. It seems to bring with it this dusky sheath that envelops our surroundings, making everything seem a little different, a little magical. As if anything can happen.

But that's just me.

"Perhaps sometimes I see the world as I wish it, too."