Monday, November 26, 2012

1... 2... And 3

For the first time in the last couple of weeks, I came home feeling kinda dejected.

What a shame. The past two weeks had been really great.  I had a relatively comfortable workload, coupled with my post-US holiday buzz, I was feeling really happy and good about everything around me.

I try to be prepared for days like this, when injustice rear its ugliness head and I see how fucked up some people can be. I know it for a fact, and I often try to protect myself by isolating my trust in people as much as I can.

It can be pretty lonely, but I have always managed to fill the void by looking for inspiration in the good people around me, and believing that everything has its time and place, and as long as I believe in myself, I will get to where I should be.

Yet, there are just days like today when it just feels like the bad always gets rewarded and the good simply gets stuck in a rut.

It can be so incredibly demoralising.

But I am not going to let it get to me. I am going to indulge in it for a while, and go back to reminding myself to be patient, that the good will always reap its own rewards, and the bad will eventually meet its own karma.

And this is what I believe in.