Sunday, October 09, 2005

Relationships

Ever saw or even personally know one of those damn sickening perfectly beautiful couples that you just secretly feel like slashing into a thousand million little pieces with a forty inch paring knife? Oh yeah, how good that will feel.

Anyway, the topic of the day is relationships. Would one rather have a boring, but peaceful relationship or a hot and heavy one with all the whatnots, but never having a peace of mind ever?

Recently I have seen a few of my friends' relationships come to an end, and the glaring difference in how the relationships ended are really an interesting blend. One of the relationship just kinda fizzled and died, and despite still having strong feelings (one [by 'one', I really mean me] would not use the word 'love' because one does not like to use words that are too strong) for each other, they just do not have it in them to make it work. It was rather boring how they ended things, just an SMS, and that's it. Another came to an end because of conflicts in their lives, and ended with a lot of quarrels, perhaps a little begging and A LOT OF CRYING. Damn, the crying, oh how they haunt my dreams. Exciting, no?

These are just two of the examples of the recent influx of breakups around me. Isn't it nice that I am so single that none of these breakup stuffs ever touches me? It's like having a protective bubble around me that repels off all men, all guys and all male species. Even male dogs hates me. Just today, a little boy tried to chase after me and throw tennis balls at me, despite being more than three times SMALLER than me. -_-

It's tough to be a couple nowadays, ain't it? There are so many things to consider. We are no longer boys and girls holding hands for the thrill of the heartbeat and the tingle down our spines. Dammit!!! I have never felt that before!!! *starts wailing* The nearest I have ever felt to that was having the arms of one of my favourite acrobats from Alegria around my waist. Oh yeah, the excitement of that just plain kills my heart. Oh yeeeeaaaaah, and the most sex I've had in my life was probably clasping the hand of another acrobat, telling him how much I LUUUURRRRVVVEEEE his performance. Ahhh, the thrills of being young and crazy. Be still, my beating heart.

Anyhuu, it's really tough to be in your early twenties and in a relationship, especially if it's the same relationship that you had since you were in your teens. You are at the stage when the future doesn't seem so futuristic anymore, and you kinda wonder if you are on the right track in your life. Wondering if this is the guy you are going to marry, if you are wasting your time by not spending more time in the water, looking for better, righter fish. Then you wonder if you will ever regret if you even tried to jump back into the water. Tsk tsk, humans are such pesky creatures.

Maybe it is good to have some trepidations when it comes to relationships, especially the ones that seem to be leading somewhere. No one wants to wake up one day, look at the person sleeping beside them, and go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE???!!!!??" Boy, that would be really tragic. And sad. And adverse. And appalling. And awful, bad, calamitous, cataclysmic, crushing, deadly, deathly, deplorable, destructive, disastrous, dreadful, fatal, forlorn, grievous, grim, heart-rending, heartbreaking, ill-fated, lamentable, miserable, mournful, painful, pathetic, pitiful, ruinous, sorrowful, terrible, unfortunate, unhappy, woeful, wretched.

Oh, I love my thesaurus.