Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Friendship

Friendship is a funny thing.

Sometimes you just don't feel like being bothered with all the shit that comes with it. Other times, you feel like you cannot do without all the good that's part of it. I think friendship is as essential as kinship. Only difference is that you cannot choose your kins.

But I am starting to believe that you cannot choose your friends too. They just come to you, and you have to accept them, because it's your destiny to become friends. And you know you just cannot do without them.

I always trying to remember this when I am struggling in a friendship and thinking of giving up. I did not choose my friends, they are given to me, much like a gift. I should never take them for granted.

But if one day, I finally decided to give up, that probably means that I finally had enough. And that there is nothing left in a friendship for me to work for. I just hope that the day never comes with any of my friends.