Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ghost House

Was watching this 2004 Korean "horror" movie called Ghost House, and I placed quotations around the word horror because it was more like a comedy than a scary movie.

I love it!

Kinda reminds me of back when scary movies were also funny movies. Hehheh, guess I am one of those who grew up watching Lin Zhen Ying horror flicks. Anyway, the movie was really funny. I find my mouth wide open in amused disbelief at almost every scene.

The movie is about this guy who always dreamed of being the proud owner of his own house, and was finally able to do so by working hard for many years. However, a poltergeist in his house is simply insistent that he exit her domain. Yeah, the ghost is a female, but what's new?

So the ghost kept making funny stuffs happen like having an actor climb out of the TV ala Sadako style, grumpy sofas that flungs the guy around the living room, underwear that flies about, etc etc. There was one particular scene, with a lot of chickens clucking around the house. And I thought to myself, now that is HORROR! The idea of so many chickens will probably freak me out more than a poltergeist ever could! Eeeeeee!!! The thought of it! I have never been comfortable with feathery animals, I am more of a furry person.

But all in all, it's a good movie. Funny and entertaining. A refresh break from the many horror movies sprouting up since Sadako made her debut. Thank goodness for that!