Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Battle Of The Shithole Opposite Red Cliff

OMG!

I cannot believe it took me so long to get around to it!

My CHI BI entry!!!

And damn! I love the movies so much!

It's really such an awesome experience to watch both installments in one go!

Everything about the movies was great, the acting, the soundtrack. There was nary a bored moment as I took in the beautiful scenery, the witty dialogue, the well-choreographed scenes.

Even the annoying Lin Zhi Ling with her alarmingly childish voice did not take anything away from the movie for me.

And I kinda thought at first that the movies would be too serious, but to my pleasant surprise, there is some humour in the movie as well.

For example, this:


He has got to be my second favourite character in the movie. For some reason, he really reminds me of Emma Yong, I kept thinking "Oh, Emma Yong lai liao" when he appears on screen.

Anyway, so funny, his face! So expressive! I guess because he is Japanese, he did not really have a lot of lines, but his facial expressions more than carry his presence in the movie. And I haven't had time to Google to verify this, but I believe he said his own lines in the movies. If he did, he really did a good job. There was a slight accent, but the pronunciation was almost perfectly accurate.

So anyway, you must be wondering who could my favourite character be leh?

Is it the intelligent Zhuge Liang or the valiant Zhou Yu? Maybe it's the dashing Zhao Yun? Or even the oddly intriguing Sun Quan?

ALL WRONG!

Don't think I only go for young and humsum men, okays?

My favourite character, by the merit that everytime he appears on screen I am so very awed, is...

*drumroll*


GUAN ER GE~~~

Okay, no disrespect here okay? It's just that I think they found the perfect actor to play probably the most well-known character in the movie. All Chinese are more or less pretty familiar with Guan Yu. Remember the story about him getting poison scrapped off his bones in primary school? Was it the actual Chinese textbook or Hao Gong Ming har?

Anyway, this actor, he's so perfect! Everytime before he goes into battle he has this really lethal expression, the I-AM-FIERCE-WARRIOR-YOU-SIAO-LIAO face, but when he's teaching the kids, he's so...


So... Benevolent...

Haha! Everytime I see him, I feel like chuckling at the sheer poetic justice of getting this actor to play him. Of course, it's just me. And his footwork whenever he was in battle. So graceful! Anyway let's take a look at his I-AM-FIERCE-WARRIOR-YOU-SIAO-LIAO face again.


Heehee!

Anyway, I also came across this picture while I was Googling Red Cliff:


Waaaaah. This Hu Jun actually quite good-looking hor. He kinda reminds me of this guy I used to have a crush on. Hehheh, just one of the many, many... Anyhoo, I thought he was kinda generic in the movie, the perfect warrior with boundless courage and loyalty. But still, he is a good actor.

Ahh, I think I am rambling. But it's so just uber awesome! Hehheh, anyway, go watch the sequel if you haven't!

And a final note before I go...

We must all start respecting the centre-parting hairstyle, okie? Because...


Where to find such a freaking evergreen hairstyle that has been worn since so long ago?

Muahahaha, now I am just being lame. Okay bye!

PS: Why is it call Red Cliff when it is actually Red Wall? And why do they call it the Battle of Red Cliff when the main battle is actually fought at the shithole opposite Red Cliff?