Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ramblings & Grumblings

Another weekend gone! Again!

Want to get in a quick blog before I sleep. Hoping to get to sleep earlier today because tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

Gotta go help out at one of the ticket counters because it's sales start day, and another long meeting in the afternoon. I don't really understand why our meetings with the system vendor is always so long. And long-winded. Is it them? Or is it us?

Anyway, my weekend was pretty good. Played mahjong with Wyn couple and Yoko at Yoko's boyfriend's place, and had steamboat with them afterwards. I won 1 house win 3 house, so I bought them some beer after their death threats. As for today, me, Ji Xiang couple and PS couple went to a friend's place for a final-final-no-more-anymore round of bai nian and gathering with some friends.

Life after CNY is going to be so dull! Nothing to look forward to anymore! T_T Oh well...

Anyway, I want to complain!

I was browsing through some movie forums the other day, reading up about Donnie Yen's movies (yes, still on him. Maybe until Iron Man 2?) and came across comments from some knn-don't-what-the-shit-they-are-talking-about 痞子s saying that Seven Swords is a bad movie!!!

My gawd! I don't know these people 吃什么长大 one leh! Seven Swords, although not a great epic by any counts, was a really good cinematic experience. The whole movie just draws you in with a kind of primitive wildness and savagery that grips you right from the beginning.

I am not going to go too much into it. I have already done so in 2005

Wah! It's been five years since I watched the film, loved it and became a fan of Donnie Yen! It did not feel like five years at all!

And I just watched the movie again last week and still love it. And don't just think that I am singing the movie's praises because I like Donnie Yen, hence I like the movie. It's actually the other way round. I like Donnie Yen in the first place because I like the movie. And also because he has a SAY-HE-IS-GOD *WHIPLASH* body lar. But this is besides the point.

I am really indignant that these people called Seven Swords a waste of time and a stupid movie. I think these people are a waste of space and a bunch of stupid dumbshits! They would not know if a good movie comes up behind them and bites them on their arse! I bet they are the ones who called Avatar an epic. No offence to the movie, but IT IS a movie about a community of blue beings living in some lushy forest-type place. I like Smurfs too, but I probably wouldn't get goosebumps while watching them.

Goosebumps, people, goosebumps. That's when something inspiring is happening.