Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Loots Of The Day

Asked PS and HJ to accompany me to People's Park today in search for some hair care products because I heard that they sell salon brands at a discounted price. I know I am damn auntie, but a dollar saved is a dollar to be spent in Japan!

And it was quite a fruitful trip! Here are my loots!


Notice that I did not managed to buy any proper hair care products except for a tube of olive oil cream? I was too confused by all the professional sounding names like "Kerastase" lar, "Redken" lar, that I simply got frustrated and bought the olive oil cream which I heard works pretty well. Cheap too! Only $2.30! *auntie-alert*

But I wandered into the other sections of the store and ended up with all these stuff! I am incorrigible. BUT I would like to have a chance to explain why all these are good purchases.

Liese Bubble Hair Colour - Platinum Beige
Heard people saying this is a good DIY dye which gives an even finishing, and have been meaning to try it out. And I saved a whopping $1 compared to buying it from other places! *auntie-alert*

L'Oreal StudioLine Curl Power
To women with curly hair, a good styling product is important. I am trying to find a good mousse to replace the one I am using, Shiseido Design Flex, which is great but a tad too costly for me. I go through one tall bottle in about two months, so a cheaper alternative is definitely welcome. This is recommended from somewhere I don't remember and does not seem to contain alcohol, which is good for my already-frazzled hair which requires a bit more care after my perm job.

St Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin & Jergens Soothing Aloe Relief
Doesn't the names just make you feel so zen already? I've sorta become a little fanatic about moisturising recently because I noticed that my skin has gotten very dry after years of sleeping with air-condition and also age lar! I couldn't decide to get St Ives or Jergens because I think both are good, so I got both! Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!

Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum
This product had me hesitating for the longest time, undecided if I should give it a try. I need something that provides a bit of lightening because I have a slight freckle problem. My skin is an absolute nightmare without the right products and Sothys, which I am using right now, works well for me, although I find it rather costly. So I do not want to use the wrong product and mess up whatever peaceful alliance that my skin has already established with Sothys. Yet, I don't want to start bringing in the big guns and get Sothys' whitening range if it's something that can be helped with a good off-the-rack product.

Then again, Neutrogena is a brand that I always have a volatile relationship with. Some of their products gave me massive breakouts, while some of their products, like their sun-care range for instance, are my can't-do-withouts. So I was really hesitant. But I read some pretty good reviews on this one too, and it's really a good buy. Best buy of the day in fact, about $9 cheaper as compared to buying from other places! WOW! *auntie-alert*

So well, overall my trip to People's Park had been fruitful. Although I would recommend going there only if you have quite a few items to buy, because each item is probably only about average $1 - $2 cheaper. If you can 积少成多, then by all means, go save! Their business is very good though, and most ladies I saw left with big bags and more than a few $10 poorer.

Just like me! =D