Monday, January 17, 2011

2NE1

Am I the only one who finds CL the only tolerable member of 2NE1? She seems to be getting a lot of focus lately and may just be the most popular member of the group. I know leaders generally get a lot of attention, but I used to prefer Sandara Park because I find her really pretty.

I don't know man. I generally find 2NE1 a very entertaining girl group. Their songs are catchy, their dressing is experimental in a good way, and they dance well. Pretty much all one can ask for in a girl group. But somehow only CL seems to be the only one in their current album to really shine. The rest just seem mildly annoying. Everything about CL feels right, from her clothes to her make up and hairstyle. I even like her hair colour. I normally do not like blond colours on Asians, but she worked it.

Maybe it's because it doesn't feel like CL is trying hard at all. She seems to have this crazy-tough-bad girl kind of persona, and she has the charisma to pull it off. She may really be the crazy-tough-bad sort or just damn good at pretending to be. Either way, it is fine by me, I am still wholly entertained.

Not so say the other girls are not entertaining, but there is just something, something, like I said before, mildly annoying.

Like Sandara Park, it kinda feels like she is trying too hard to be crazy-tough-bad girl too, but her face is too pretty. She should just go for a sufficient amount cool girl or even the cold, quiet type. I think she can pull that off. But no, she had to go play crazy-tough-bad girl too. IMO, one crazy-tough-bad girl is enough, especially when there is such a huge disparity in their personality and image.

How about Minzy? Hmmm, I am on the fence with that one. Although not exactly crazy-tough-bad girl, she has this mischievous minx thing going on for her, making her more crazy-fun girl. I guess I do like her funkiness and cuteness, but find her too cute in a lot of ways too. Her short black hair makes her look like some youngest sister tagging along to do naughty stuffs with her older sisters.

As for Park Bom, can't say I really like her. Among the girls, I find her the least likable. I always associate her name with "bimbo" and she really gives off that kind of aura. Her red hair is horrible. Good singing voice though.

Okay, I am done. How about a picture?