Tuesday, February 08, 2011

MBlaq



A new Korean boy band (do people still use this term nowadays?) that I "discovered" during the CNY holidays. Yes, I was THAT bored. They are produced by Jung Ji-Hoon, the Rain man himself (rain go rain it's raining it's raining~~~) and their name stands for Music Boys Living In Absolute Quality.

......

Hahahahaha! What's with these Korean boy band name expansions? So ludicrous! And they are not the only ones. What super star singers united as one lar, what boys to search for top lar. Never fails to crack me up! Whatever happened to awesome names like Shinhwa (!!!) or Big Bang (BOM!) that simply just means what it means.

Anyway, now let's look at this MBlaq video.

AHHH! My brains are about to explode! So handsome!!!

There are no fancy dance work or crazy experimental make up and costumes. They all look like any regular boys you see on the streets. But oh oh oh! I literally squealed watching this video! And I can't really explain either. The song is really just quite alright.

But they look damn good can! Can't even pretend that I like them for their talent. Honestly, I am straight off in it for the eye candy.

Especially this dude.


G.O.! Okay, not the best picture. In fact, when I first researched the group, I really disliked him immensely. There is just this greasy playboy quality to him that is not attractive.

But! When you take off all that George Michael facial hair and change the hairstyle...


S-m-e-x-y!

Really like this look. He looks like a mini carbon copy of Rain, no? Although a lot of people seem to consider Lee Joon the mini Rain of the group, considering that he acted as teenage Raizo in Ninja Assassin, but I think G.O. really looks more like Rain. I also really think Mblaq is just a way for Mr Bi to indulge in his own hotness by molding cute young boys who resemble him to become even more like him.

Not complaining at all. I enjoy the view very much. But really, they just get younger and younger, don't they? Not great for this lao char boh.