Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Plagiarise Too Because I Try So Hard To Look Like A Potato


Lady Gaga plagiarised SNSD?

Hmmm, the two songs do sound awfully alike... Well, if you ask me, I don't think Lady Gaga plagiarised SNSD. I bet she never even heard of SNSD, much less listened to their songs.

BUT!

I think both songs are variations* of some other song out there. A lot of songs are similar nowadays. I know a lot of my favourite songs are favourites because they have similar rhythms and tempo. Personally, I don't mind. If it sounds good, it's fine by me. People need to lighten up a bit here. Musicians have been drawing inspiration from the world around them all the time. Maybe Mother Nature should sue them for copying how a bird tweets or how the water flows. *sue sue sue sue similan lar sue. sibei eng*

And honestly, I much prefer Born This Way, even though I hate the music video. The flow of the song is just better. If you can take something and improve it, why not?

*Note: VARIATIONS, not rip-offs. I was very careful about that.