Monday, October 24, 2005

About A Friend

About one month after one of my friends broke up with her boyfriend, my seemingly alright-with-the-breakup friend called me in the middle of the night, and amidst a lot of crying, told me how much she misses her boyfriend.

Before anyone call me a callous bitch or anything for writing about my friend's sad plight in a blog, no less, I did asked her if I could blog about her, and she said that it's alright, as long as I just address her as "friend". She knew that I am gonna to anyway, and said that it might be a good thing to read about it on my blog, maybe even provide a source of closure for her.

I mentioned something about closure a few entries back, which she read, and she asked me how and when she can get closure for this relationship. I told her that she can't really get it, it just comes when the time is right.

And the thing here is that, she was the one who wanted a breakup, and not her boyfriend. Sometimes, even though two people care about each other a lot, there might still be things that gets in the way, obstacles that cannot be overcome, and sacrifices have to be made.

"Is the sacrifice too great?" my friend asked me.

I don't know. I never had to make such decisions before, and hopefully, I won't have to. As for my friend, she is still on the self-discovery stage.

Self-discovery to whether she had made the right decision. Self-discovery of whether she is strong enough to overcome this. Self-discovery to a maybe in their relationship, be it as friends or back together a couple. And self-discovery to closure.

I hope that closure comes soon for my friend. Because I hate crying females. They are very shrill, and make me extremely uncomfortable. ^_~

Hang in there, friend.