Saturday, October 22, 2005

Excessive Noise

Noisy people on public transports upsets me.

It's pretty ironic, considering the fact that I am pretty loud myself. Anyway, I have this ritual before sitting down beside a stranger on public transports. I will scan their faces, until I find one that I am satisfied with, then self-declare them as "my new best friend" in my head, and sit down beside them with much aplomb (aplomb???!!!??)

And this morning, I made the grand mistake of sitting beside this really cute-looking girl, sitting with two of her elderly women relatives. Man, were they loud!!! Damn, they were so damn loud, I couldn't even enjoy my erotically-charged, very sexual novel with men with rock-hard pecs and chiselled abs. Question: are pecs and abs the same thing?

And they have this little kid in one of those baby-pushing things, and it's really eerie because he's like what? Five? It's really sinister to see a kid so big in a stroller that can barely fit him in. And to be really honest, there's something really creepy about the kid that I cannot put my finger on. And imagine all these women, two of which are way too old to be making cute baby noises cooing at this creepy baby. Kinda remind me of this thing I saw on TV with all these old women getting orgasms. *chills*

Well, and just when you think the noise could not get ANY louder. One of the women's mobile started to make sharp, piercing noise, blaring away into the calm of the morning, destroying the peace of a wonderful, quiet morning of rock-hard pecs, chiselled abs, and solid man-breasts that is most probably firmer than that of any female's I know, including myself. -_-'

And what does the blare of the phone brings to us? ANOTHER ELDERLY WOMAN RELATIVE, BRINGING ALONG NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE TALL, STRAPPING SONS!!! Ah, the noise, the loud, deafening, ear-splitting noise. My new best friend is apparently having a family reunion right there in the MRT. And I am a part of all the joyous celebrating. Yaay, how fun for ME!!!

The joyous event lasted for a few more stations, before they alighted and peace was restored. Back to rock-hard pecs and chiselled abs. And maybe to a hearing aid shop. Just until I get my hearing back. I shall be more discriminating when I choose my best friends the next time.