Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Want To Be A Writer!

From the first time I picked up my first copy of R.L. Stine's book, aptly named "The Dare", I have wanted to be a writer. I used to scribble on pieces of paper all the time, and after I got my first computer, I started typing out random stories here and there. But I never finished anything. To be honest, to write something, piece of cake. To write something GREAT and FINISH it, not easy.

I am always saying that someday, I want to write a book. Someday, I am going to get myself published. Someday, I am going to be write a book and get myself published. Ok, so when is someday?

I am used to the thinking that I am still too young, too inexperienced to write anything good, anything worth publishing, but those are just excuses, aren't they? According to Jayne Ann Krentz, if you love to write, you just keep going and going. You just cannot make yourself stop.

Maybe I just need to get my words out. Write something. Anything to get myself started. And since I have always wanted to write something, why not let it be now? Why wait for someday? Maybe today IS someday.

I told one of my friends about this, and she too think that maybe I should get started. Nothing too serious, just a beginning. Write a few words a day, get some practice. Maybe someday, a really good book will materialise itself.

I just need to get started. Now.