Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ugly / Not Ugly?

I was chatting with my friend a couple of days back and she kinda mentioned that it's good that I am not someone who is into appearances. Ahhh, I was kinda guilty when she said that, because, I AM into appearances. Hate to admit that I am shallow like that, when I am not a bucket of strawberries myself.

That image scared you a little, didn't it? =P

Oh well, I am into appearances. I like looking at good-looking faces as much as the next person. And I am easily awed by handsome guys and gorgeous girls too. *ashamed* I do that even though I know that I am not someone who has the right to do that.

I am not saying that I look like shit or anything. I am a narcissist too, and I definitely have my vain moments. I know I am a big girl, but it's not like I am butt-ugly. I think I can still be looked at, without people running for their lives and scratching at walls, just to get away from me.

But the thing here is, I know I am not perfect. All the less why I should be judging anybody else. I know what it feels like to get shit from people, just because I am not as pretty and as thin as the girl standing behind me, who gets totally different treatment.

So maybe somehow, along the way, I managed to strike a balance between being impressed by appearances, and ensuring that I am not affected by first impressions. You never know, an ugly person at first, may just become better looking once you get to know him/her, and a good-looking person may just end up becoming ugly to you. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Just like me! Stick around and you will get to see my innate, eternal beauty!

PS: And honestly, with the advancement of technology and self-beautifying products nowadays, for anyone to look truly ugly, that person is either very lazy or very unlucky.

PS2: Just want to state for the record that I am not against ugly people. I am just stating my honest thoughts and opinions on the subject. Butt-ugly people can be adorable too. I know that for a fact.

PS3: Oh well, if anyone insist on getting offended by this, that's really fine with me. Call me ugly. Whatever.