Friday, March 30, 2007

Plateletpheresis

Going to SGH tomorrow to donate blood platelets tomorrow, and I am nervous! I have never even donated blood before. I have always said I wanted to, just that I never got around to doing it. And I was hesitant for a moment about it when my friend messaged me looking for A+ donors.

It's not the fear of donating something, anything, that I won't miss to save a life. It's the feeling of unsureness of doing something for the first time. Kinda like seeing an unconscious person for the first time and despite knowing that you should perform CPR, just not sure whether if you can do it right. But in my moment of deliberation, I knew that I really want to help and that if I don't do it, I will feel bad about it, probably for the rest of my life. Quite serious hor.

Sigh sigh sigh. But still, nervous sia! I have pretty much done my readings on what to expect for an apheresis procedure, but still a little apprehensive. Maybe because never done anything like it before, except the little blood test I had ten years (!!! TEN!!! I have finally reached an age where I can have memories of things done ten years ago!!! T_T) ago.

Oh well, shall stop feeling nervous about it. It will all be clear tomorrow. Expect a blog entry then.

Keke, anyone still remember back when I had a website? I had an old blog there and I had these two invisible friends, Mr V and Madame M. Kekeke!!! I think its time to revive them, no? Muahahaha!!!