Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jeremy, please get well soon.

Sigh. They say careful what you wish for. But never careful what you think of.

Just when I thought life was going well, a friend of mine got into an accident. He was on his bike, riding home when apparently a car knock him down. And the most disgusting thing is that it was a hit-and-run.

How can anyone just knock an innocent person down and disappear? It is just beyond me that anyone can live with the guilt of doing something like that.

Currently, my friend is heavily in bandages and cast and haven't woke up yet. I think I heard his parents telling his girlfriend something about him being in a coma. I am not sure if that is just their speculation or if the doctor told them that. I don't really dare to talk to them, because I don't know what to say in such situations and I really don't want to upset them. But the thought of my friend being in a coma is really terrible.

I haven't seen this friend in a long while. Although we used to be quite close, he just became one of those people that you have always wanted to contact, but just never did. It is that thought that makes me feel so crappy on top of my worry for him. That I have taken him for granted for so long, and only now, feel the guilt that I haven't been making effort to keep in touch.

A friend told me that it is useless and redundant to think of such things only now when something has happen. But I still feel like shit. Sigh. I don't know how else to feel. I was actually quite alright until I heard about the coma thing. It was the first moment when it finally sink in that my friend is in a very serious condition.

And I really hate the idea of going to the hospital. I just hate hospitals. I wish I don't have to step into one ever. Sigh. I don't know. I really don't know.