Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Great Weekend

Had a great weekend as sort of a end-of-bumming-days thing to mark, well, the end of bumming days. Went out with HJ's diving friends to celebrate one of the guys' birthdays on Friday. After having steamboat buffet at Suntec, wandered over to DXO with the intention of having some drinks there. To our amusement, they were having their anniversary and had this $1 cover charge thing. But some of the guys wanted some place quieter, so we sort of wandered over to this restaurant-bar place at Esplanade.

The place is uber ambiencey. Totally love it. Quiet, but not to the extend of being overbearing, and nice music. I am definitely more of a chill out, chit chat person than the clubbing, shout-at-the-top-of-your-lungs kind. Anyway, we had fun chit chatting, playing silly games and doing the customary smashing-face-into-cake thing after singing the birthday song.

After the place closed for the night, headed to Jurong West with them with the intention for supper as most of them stays there, but the guys wanted to call it a night, so ended up at HJ's place with the girls, PS and Yiting. I really miss having these all-girls overnighters. Hopefully will get to it more often esp. with the Pinkies even after I have started working.

Saturday was sorta interesting. I continued snoozing even after the rest of the girls woke up and refused to budge even when they asked me if I want to order home delivery. Finally woke up at around 2, just in time for lunch! Spent the rest of the afternoon playing with HJ's doggie, watching TV, chatting with HJ. Haha, it's been a while since we spent the day nuaing together.

Evening time saw both me and HJ over at Jurong Point doing some shopping for some office wear, and I ended with five items of clothing, all of them black except for a white cardigan. I am sensing a very black working me. Kekeke.

Finally called it a day and went home at around 10 plus and was about to get ready for bed, when I got a message from MDIS pals asking me if I wanted to go to St James. Two of them are also starting work on Monday like me, and wanted a drinking session to sorta celebrate that. And so I crawled my way out to this place at Bali Lane to meet them first. And realised that its just opposite my future office. As I sat there, watching my friends trying drink their bodyweight, I can't help admiring the magnificent, wondrous building that would be my work place for the next few years. Ahhhh. It's just so GRANDE!!!

The rest of the night was pretty usual as drinking sessions with this group of pals goes for me. Observing people, friends and strangers alike, stumbling around drunkenly at Dragonfly and passing judgement on them. Laughing at my friends' entertaining antics when they are tipsy. And supper. Had a really long and nice chat reminiscing about the past 2.5 years and talking about what is going to happen from now. Was feeling kinda nostalgic. It had been an eventful time at MDIS. I am going to miss it.

So that probably marks my end-of-bumming days, as well as the MDIS phase of my life. Something new is starting tomorrow. And although I don't foresee big changes in my life, there are bound to be new things, new people. I just hope that everything that I treasure from this phase I am leaving behind, will be brought along with me to the next.

"This is the first time I ever enjoyed this walk home."