Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let's Be Positive!

"The world is made up of almost perfect. It's nothing but near-misses and neccesary compromises."

I think this is one of the wisest thing I have heard in a long time. Who says that watching TV series does not educate you? Sometimes people are just too overwhelmed by the qualifications-knowledge that they can get, and simply fail to see the wisdom that just living life can bring you.

Almost perfect.

I really like the sound of it, because God knows it's true. Everything in my life so far had always been an almost perfect. But I had never really minded or ever felt lacking or inadequate in anyway. Probably because I know that an almost perfect life is so much better. Only with the downs, can you learn to appreciate the ups, and that is how they become worthwhile.

Although when I experienced my near-miss, my almost there but never quite yet, I was frustrated at how unfair life can be, I have come to the realisation that part of the reason was my unwillingness to compromise. But maybe it wasn't my compromise to give. It was just the way it was meant to be. A mistake to be learnt from. A down to be picked up.

Yeah, maybe I have regrets sometimes, and wonder about what could have been. But maybe this is exactly the way my life was supposed to be. Things that don't belong to you, people that don't belong together, everything has its own course to run.

And endings are not neccesarily bad. Because they can be the prelude to a new almost perfect, with all the right near-misses and neccessary compromises this time round.