Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Try.

As a kid, I had a lot of dreams.

Of how I want to be when I grow up, what I will be like, and a vision of the way my life turns out when I am no longer contained within the boundaries of childhood. I couldn't wait at the time, hoping that I can just "grow up" as soon as possible.

It is only now that I have finally reached this point of my life, my adulthood, that I realised that I had never been freer than I was when I was a child.

I missed those days.

Because then, although contained, at least I had a free imagination to fantasize about the future. Not knowing and not bearing any of the possible burdens that I may have now, I had hopes. At the very least, I was happy just thinking about it.

Now it seems like even the simplest things have to be carefully thought out. And the waiting game is now even more on than ever, as I have to take responsibilities for things that I used to take for granted because they had always been taken care of for me by my parents.

But although these responsibilities pushed back my desired possibilities, the ever wishful child in me still exists. Those dreams that I had as a child still lives within me. Except that now, they have been moved to a later part of my life. Postponed indefinitely, but definitely still a possibility.

For now, I shall just concentrate on slowly making my way there.