Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Hate Titles. They Are So Self-Serving!

Damn! Cleaning my room is turning out to be more back-breaking than I anticipated.

So much dust! And I never knew that an area that appears rather small can yield SO MUCH CRAP!!!

I am so tired! And yes, I was still cleaning right up to the moment I started this entry. Been cleaning for the past two days straight and I am still not done. And it's actual cleaning, not like the half-hearted attempts I made last week.

But I think the difficult parts are over. The only thing left now is my wardrobe, and I already have a rough idea what to throw and what to keep.

Sigh, all this cleaning is killing my mood to blog.

Oh yeah, MY LENOVO S10 SPOIL! TMD!!!

I switched it on this morning to listen to some music while I cleaned and the screen started flickering. Like I did not had enough problems with Lenovo already! I have not gotten the extended warranty by the way, in case anyone is interested to know. And honestly, I give up trying, if it breaks down after the warranty is up, I will probably just get another laptop, highly possible a Macbook.

Anyway, the service centre for S10 is in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. There is another Lenovo service centre in Changi, which I heard gives much better service. But I guess it's only for the big boys like the Thinkpad or customers who spent more than $658 on their computing needs.

My Ideapad is more or less just a speck of sesame seed to them.

But I don't really want to complain so much because it's actually quite convenient for me. The process of checking in my S10 for servicing was also surprisingly quick and painless. Although when I asked if they have service centres in Hong Kong, the staff told me that he had no idea.

I din't even pushed for an answer because I really felt so spent dealing with all these Lenovo people. It's a losing battle. Although I must say the staff, despite his limited knowledge, was not so bad on the service. Very polite.

So now, I am back on the old Compaq. Ahhh, I was just getting used to the weird keyboard on S10! Damn, damn, damn!!!

Honestly speaking, I really should have gotten back a Compaq. Apart from small glitches from time to time, which is more due to my extreme usage of it than anything else, this Compaq really served me well throughout the years and is still running fine right now despite being a tad too slow.

And trust me, I am not just any ordinary user. I've brutally used and mangled two laptops prior to getting this Compaq, and that was about four years ago. If a laptop can take all that abuse from me, then it deserves an A+.

Okay, this entry is getting too long. Still say I have no mood to blog. Haha! But anyway, I just want to talk about my experience at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre before I end the entry.

IT WAS SUCH A BLAST FROM THE PAST!

The whole place looked so old school. I felt like I was walking in the 80s man. If you are too free with nothing better to do, dropping by Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and maybe grabbing a bite at the food-stalls there would be an interesting experience. Don't forget to visit the shoe shop on the second or third level. It's BIG! I remember my Mum and Aunts used to go there to look at shoes all the time when I was little.

The only thing that bothers me is the countless, many many employment agencies there. And all the maids sitting inside. They looked so dismal. Every time they heard footsteps, they would look up in anticipation, hoping that it's a chance to get out of their joyless waiting for employment. And the look of disappointment on their face after is just so disheartening.

Alright, I am done for the day.

Till next time.