Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Promising Men Of Queen Seon Deok

After watching 12 episodes of Queen Seon Deok, I have more or less shortlisted the male characters that I like.

Hoho! WHO DARE SAY I LIKE WOMEN? WHO?

So first up, we have:


ALCHEON!

Very promising indeed. Who can resist a guy who barks military orders like he is born to be a leader. Lee Seung Hyo is definitely not my first choice of a heroic-type actor. But he does it oh-so-well! Not to mention Alcheon is a very likeable character.

The typical military hero, who is extremely principled with a clear-cut idea of good and bad, which although makes him a rather annoying hard-ass sometimes, is also his redeeming quality because he is loyal to a fault and will repay all good deeds with his undying faith.

I like this kind of characters the best! Seems like an asshole at first, but actually is a good guy.


Good guy smile!

Next up, we have:


Kim Yushin - adult version

I find it hard to coincide the adult version with the teenage version. They don't look alike at all. But it's difficult not to be on Kim Yushin's side, old or young. He is just someone you would WANT to swear your allegiance. Kudos to both adult and teenage actors who did this Korean historical hero justice by pushing his greatness right into our faces from the moment they appear on screen.

And although I find Uhm Tae Woong a little too rough around the edges for my liking, I am rather fond of this image he had:


Haha! I got a thing for peroxide-blond chau ah beng types. I don't know why!

Finally, we have:


Bidam aka 皮蛋!

Okay, I can't really say much about his character because I haven't exactly seen his character yet, and won't be for another few more episodes. But I likey a dude who carries off his make-up so well! WAR-PAINT FETISH!!! RAAAR!

So this is my list of promising men in Queen Seon Deok. Expect it to change because I really don't have time to digest all the Korean men on-screen. All of them look rather similar and humsum to me. Even the uncles look good.

I think historical dramas make people look better, even the women. Even actors who normally look like lecherous old men can suddenly transform into the distinguished-looking type. I think there's something about the long hair and ultra-many accessories that enhances their looks.

See? Long tresses are important!

*flips hair vigorously to show off long hair*

*swish swish*