Saturday, April 10, 2010

Singing The Narcoleptic Rhapsody.

I cannot sleep again!

Am I really narcoleptic?

I remember going to a doctor a while back about my sleeplessness at night, can't remember if it was last year or the year before, and he related my condition to narcolepsy. The details are kind of blurry, and the more I think about it, the more unsure I am whether he said "you are" or "you may be" suffering from narcolepsy.

In fact, I pretty much put the whole thing behind me, because he did not prescribe any medication or seemed too concerned about it, until Yoko mentioned the other day that she think I may be suffering from narcolepsy.

Sigh, I hate doctors. Not sure if I want to get a second opinion.

But I keep falling asleep at work recently, despite trying my best to have adequate rest. Apart from not being able to sleep at night sometimes, I would often feel anxious right before I fall asleep resulting in fitful sleeps, unpleasant dreams that I usually don't remember, and heart palpitations when I jolted awake.

I also noticed that this condition seems more prominent when I am feeling upset or stressed out.

I think I first got such "episodes" two years ago when I was feeling really upset and stressed out by relationship problems.

It went away for a while, but now it seems it's resurfacing because I am feeling pressure from work.

Sigh, hopefully it will go away.

Pretty girls need their beauty sleep! ;]