Sunday, January 02, 2011

Hello In 2011!


Hey eee-vaaa-reee-baaar-deee!

Did my picture scare you? Haha! No intention to scare anyone, I just really like the eyeliner I used. This was taken after I got home from New Year's Eve celebrations. Still going strong despite no re-applying after seven hours! And minimal smudging! I finally found THE ONE (eyeliner)!

How was your first day of 2011? Was it everything you expected and more? Or otherwise? Hahah! Of course it's impossible to tell how the year will go based on just one day. To me, it felt just like any other day in 2010, 2009, 2008, etc, etc.

But I do think that 2011 has gone off to a pretty good start for me. I woke up early, went to the gym, came home to do my laundry and pay my bills. After a quick shower, I went out to the neighbourland in search of the elusive Etude House sunscreen, which I finally managed to purchase at half the price that Singapore is selling, and ON TOP of that, they are offering a good 30% discount. Meaning I got a sunscreen selling in Singapore for $24.90 at only $9.00. Really, don't blame the locals for boosting our neighbourland's economy, blame it on the high prices here.

Anyway, I came back to SIN after getting my sunscreen because I didn't feel like shopping. So I went to visit Mumsies who is helping out at the shop for the CNY season. It's been a while since I've gone to the place where I spent a large portion of my childhood and teenage years, playing then working during weekends and holidays. It's nice to revisit the place in the new year, and say hello to some of the uncles and aunties there.

After that it was home for a quick nap, then off to Beerhouse with the Pinkies. Beerhouse is a drinking hole that we go from time to time. It's not too rowdy, have KTV facilities and it's frequented by our seniors from secondary school, who knows almost everyone there. So it's a familiar and friendly atmosphere all around. And best thing is, it's in the neighbourhood area, and I can go there in shorts and slippers. Ultra-comfy! It was a wonderful night of funning around, drinking games and singing! I even drank a little, little bit because the mood was so good!

Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary, but I think I managed to start the new year by doing a combination of healthy activities to spending time with loved ones and having fun. Seems like a good way to kick-start the year.

Shall lazy my Sunday away in preparation for the first work day of 2011!