Friday, November 11, 2011

Undefined

If there is anyone I really admire, and envy, it's those people who never gave up on their ambitions, and are constantly trying to achieve their aspirations and creating new ones. Especially those who kept doing so in their 40s, 50s, some even in their 60s.

And this brings forth a question I would probably never stop wondering about.

Is it really never too late to dream?

I, for one, have a crapload of fantasies of how my life should unfold. Be it my career or my way of living, I have never stop trying to concoct these elaborate scenarios of a perfect life in my mind.

Although I am nowhere near my ideals, I am not really complaining. I have always been pretty lucky in my choices as well as the opportunities that presented themselves to me thus far. So I have to agree that life is not bad at all and I can't really regret any of the decisions, right, wrong or unorthodox, I have made that led me up to this point.

Yet, I just can't help clinging to those mental concoctions of how I really see myself living and what I should be doing.

Which brings me back to the question.

Is it really never too late to dream?

The younger generation nowadays are a lucky bunch. They have more options to ponder over and as a lot of parents are becoming more open-minded, they are in a better position today to pursue their passions as a career option rather than just as a hobby or give it up altogether.

And some of these options may possibly give me the chance to move a step closer to achieving my own hopes and dreams, although they are technically not options created for me.

Do I dare take it?

A potentially life-changing step that most practical people would not take because it may involve a drastic overhaul in the current life that they are too comfortable with, or just too used to.

I am almost 30. The age of stability, in every sense of the word. Do I really want to risk that for a chance at realising everything that I could ever hope for?

Can I?