Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Grand Before 29+1 Trip!

For someone who loves to travel, I don't really post as much as I like about my travels. Because it can get difficult for me to do so.

I am not really the kind who immediately whips out a camera to document every single moment during a trip, although I can get very trigger-happy in surroundings that I find breathtaking or unique.I prefer to soak in everything with my senses, and try to imprint the wonderful moments in my mind. And once I am home, I become lazy to try to organise my thoughts and memories in order enough to put them into words,

But I do so love to travel. And in 2012, I am planning to make a visit back to the States, a country from which many of the stuffs that has tremendous influence and inspiration for me originated from. I will be revisiting LA, Las Vegas, and hitting new places in California like San Jose and San Francisco.

Needless to say, I am really excited about this trip. It is the final trip of my 20s before I officially become old and dingy with the best company who I know will enjoy the States as much I do,so it is definitely going to be a memorable trip. Short of sharing my entire itinerary and risk getting kidnapped by a deranged stalker while I am there (thank you Criminal Minds for making me just bit too paranoid for my own good), there are a few places that I am excited about visiting.


Universal Studios! Had to give this a miss the last time round because we chose Disneyland instead. And after visiting the one here at home in Singapore and having a good time, I definitely want to visit the "original version".


Grand Canyon is the only place in this post that I have been to, and have no hesitations about revisiting again. In fact, I was the one who suggested to go. The last time I was there, I was so awestruck. It was the first time I visited a place I have only previously seen in photos and movies, and considered to be a world wonder. To be there witnessing the sheer magnificence of the canyon is simply indescribable. The calm and quiet just washes over you like it will never end. For a city girl like me, it was an exquisite experience. They don't call it grand for nothing.


Sausalito. Isn't this like a little slice of heaven? Like a scene straight out of a movie. Highly recommended by friends who had been before. Can't wait to take a leisurely stroll and chill with a cuppa there on a lovely afternoon.


So I will admit that I want to visit Alcatraz mostly because of the hype. But there is definitely a certain draw this place has. It is in the middle of the sea and carries such a rich history behind it. Don't think anyone can say they have visited San Francisco if they haven't done Alcatraz.


I know, I know. What is a non-drinker doing wanting to go to Napa Valley? Well, just because I don't drink wine does not mean I don't like grapes. Grapes are pretty cool. =D This is the only place where I specifically requested to go. I really want to have a bed & breakfast out in the nature, with trees, hills as far as the eyes can see kinda experience, and Napa seems like a really lovely place to have it. And we have decided on a charming little B&B!

Well, that's all we have for now. It is still months away, but just thinking about it puts me in such high spirits. Hopefully, I will not get too lazy to post about the trip when the time comes.