Sunday, July 22, 2012

May Their Loved Ones Find Peace Eventually.

Establishing some lifelines around me to help keep my sense of balance. Makes me feel better that I am doing something. Gives me a sense of control over the unease and troubles I am feeling.

Felt appalled and sad after reading the news about the Colorado shootings. Not only did it happened during a movie, something that has always been close to my heart, it happened at a movie franchise that I loved and starred a few of my favourite actors, some of whom had been a source of inspiration and solace to me for a really long time.

It felt really personal.

I feel angry at the thought that the sweat, tears and heart poured in by every single person who worked on the movie is forever scarred by the actions of a deluded mad man.

Yet, I feel so much pity for the young men who felt that reality was so painful and so unbearable, that he had to allow himself to slip into something else, destroying other people's lives in the process, in order for him to continue this false sense of existence, of being alive.

"It is a painful thing we have here, this life that we have that we can't seem to understand. That we can never seem to control. But it is our life to live and no one else's. Only we get to decide the consequences our actions will bring." - Hensen Moer