Monday, September 26, 2005

Just A Few Things

Okay, I have a few things to blog about, so try to keep up. And to help those who might be inept, I included titles. Yaay, TITLES!!!

The Magnets
Went for The Magnets' performance today, and they were awesome! I have always wanted to attend an a cappella performance, and I am so glad that I was not disappointed. The Magnets are kinda like The Ten Tenors, but music-less style. They are certainly as funny as The Ten Tenors. The similarities makes the differences so much better. I especially like the beatbox (I guess most people do), the guy is like woot! How does he do that? I think that he is almost definitely, though not absolutely, a cheongster. The way he moves to his grooves. Woot! Let's all give a round of applause to The Magnets! They were fantastic.

Movie
I went to watch The Red Shoes after after after the concert. Big day for me, huh. It's a strange movie. I am not sure I totally get the story. I might have to do some research. It kinda reminds me of Dark Waters, but with shoes. And the shoes are really more pink than red, but I guess "The Pink Shoes" doesn't have the same ring as "The Red Shoes"

Richard Gere Visa Platinum Advertisement
I am a wuss, everytime I watch that Richard Gere advertisement where he bought many many birdieeeeees to help give good fortchune to the liiiiittle girl's bratherrrr, little tears comes to my eyes. It's just such a sweet gesture. Never mind that it is only an advertisement and he has probably never so much as bought a feather for any stranger Indian girls, and that the birdies probably cost next to nothing compared to how much he earns. Still, such a nice advertisement. And does any one catch the idea of getting Richard Gere to be the spokesperson for Visa Platinum, while Catherine Zeta Jones is just regular Visa? Keke, gives me a chuckle everytime I think of it.

And Finally, Something About Horror Movies
First Japan did it, then Korea did it. Hong Kong and Hollywood have always been fooling around with it. And then, Thailand also did it, and Singapore is not far behind in following (copycats that we are). And now, PHILIPPINES???!!!?? Sooner or later, we will see Bali and Batam also doing it, maybe Pulau Ubin and St John's Island can also join in the fun. Tsk tsk tsk. What is about people and horror movies. I could say the same for myself, I am forever watching them despite the fact that out of 10 of them, 8 have the same storyline, 6 have the same ending, and all of them have the same long-haired, pop-out-of-nowhere and/or lurking-behind-you ghost to scare you somewhere in the movie. Sigh...

Okay, I am done! Yes!!!