Thursday, November 10, 2005

Eric Bana Et Baseball Et A Little About Sports

I had a very, very interesting dream. I dreamt that Eric Bana is a baseball player playing in this team called the "Marina White Cubs" (a combination of Mariners, White Sox and Cubs?), and they won the World Series, and Eric Bana was on ALL THE NEWSPAPERS for the winning homerun.

Whoopie. Haha, and I am one happy girl. Interesting dream. Oh, and the uniforms they were wearing were those that the Greek soccer players wore in the Euro cup last year. You know, white with the blue stripe at the side? Very nice, very sexy. And Eric Bana looks great in a soccer uniform, I tell ya.

Hmm, I am not much of a pure sports fan, I would say. I have always loved a certain sport for a certain reason. I started watching tennis because Marat Safin was oh-so-cute, that was in 2000, he looks weird now. I starting watching the World Cup and Euro Cup, because my friends were betting, and I joined in the good fun. I won a little money during the Euro Cup last year, betting on the Greeks. And they were so damn cute.

Well, and I loved baseball two years ago, back when Andy Pettitte was still a Yankee, Roger Clemens kept saying that he wanted to retire and Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez was still a big shot SS because he had no competition at the Rangers. Well now? Now Andy Pettitte is petting it at the Houstons (coincidentally, this year they made it to the World Series and still came out number 2. Hmm, is there a pattern we are seeing here? Is Andy the reason?), Roger Clemens still have not retire and well, dear ol' Emmanuel is over at the Yankees, pretending to be best of friends with Derek Jeter. Heeheehee.

Well, one of the reasons I stopped watching baseball is because I remember how bad I felt when the Yankees lost in 2003. And I was only a wagonback fan, hopping on for the ride. But I felt so sad for them, and when they started reshuffling the team, selling players, buying new ones, breaking the entire team that I liked apart, it was just too tough to watch. You spend so much time, reading about the players, learning to like them (even the not-so-cute ones), and the next year, they are not a Yankee anymore, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WATCH ALL THE BASEBALL GAMES TO CATCH ALL OF MY FAVOURITE PLAYERS!!! WHY CAN'T THEY JUST STAY A TEAM???!!! And they do it every year . That's the sports industry for you. Teamwork is secondary to comradeship, esprit de corps, the shit. The only thing that matters is who is the best and who pays the most.

So I stopped. I think I am better off watching tennis; tennis is a less heart-breaking sport, except maybe when you break a leg or an arm.

Well, here's a tiny picture of Andy Pettitte that I have.


Fine! I admit! I started watching baseball because of him. There is always a reason. But look at the intensity pouring out of him...


and how cute he is...


By the by, I did the gif myself! Hee. He's so cute!

And here's a picture to remember the team that I loved.


Forever torn apart. But hey, that's the World of MLB for you. Well, okay, so maybe I am making a big deal out of this, but hey, I am a female, we are born sentimental.