Monday, December 05, 2005

Domainless

I am officially domainless for the time being. I had to terminate my account with Ipowerweb because I was having some problems with them. Probably because it's based in the States, I had trouble uploading sometimes. I could be uploading something for more than 2 hours, and then got a timeout. I also experienced some downtime to my website, which I seldom update, but I would still like it to be up. It’s about the money.

Mainly, it's frustrating trying to get a reply from their Help Centre. I think they have some sort of automatic reply system in place, which replies the customer by listing the links to the relevant help sections, probably by matching keywords. This doesn't work for me, because I read the Help sections before I emailed them. I actually hate to enquire over the email, because odds are I will never get a reply.

Or in this situation, I have to ask the same questions probably 2 times or more before I get a satisfactory answer. I am not a stupid person, unlike some customers I know (trust me, I know what the hell I am talking about. 2 years and going at SISTIC -rolls eyes-)

That said though, when you actually manage to get to someone, the customer service is actually quite good, polite and very helpful. of course, all these are based on email assistance, that is, if you manage to get to someone.

I actually swayed from continuing with them or terminating, because I hate to "move", and it's just much more convenient to continue with them. In the end, my annoyance at not being able to get answers to my questions won out. I hate it when I do not get straight answers, this apparently runs to emails too.

Sigh, now I am on the hunt for a new domain provider. Anyone have any good ones to recommend, drop me a comment or an email if you know what it is.