Friday, April 20, 2007

You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine!

Ok, most people should know this. You know the thing that guys do; kinda slapped their palms together, and then swing in to pat each other's backs?

What in the world is that? I mean who even came up with that stuff.

A couple of years ago, you hardly even see people doing that. But now it's EVERYWHERE. Most guys don't even need a preamp, they just go in for it. It's like an unspoken word or something.

It's really weird because when not planned properly, the abovementioned chreography can be uncoordinated and become extremely awkward. And the smooth execution of it by almost all guys I know is something very fascinating to me. Do they rehearse in front of the mirror or what?

So anyway, I thought about it and I can really only think of one plausible reason why guys do that. Which is that these guys really want to hug and pat each other on the back for gawd knows whatever reasons, but the idea of chest touching chest is just too gay for them to take, so they have their arms between them. That's it! For security reasons! -_-

But gotta admit though, when executed by the right people, it really does look cool. Kinda like a brotherhood thing or something. Maybe that's what it really is, a brotherhood, manhood thing. Because we girls definitely do not have cool stuff like that, we are stuck with silly air kisses, that I don't really know what is the use for, or clumsy hugs that is, more often than not, an invasion of one's personal space. Honestly, I don't get it! If anyone needs arms in between a hug to break the touching of "things", it's us women! What with the barriers we have and whatnots!

It's just not very fair, is it? =]