Monday, April 09, 2007

Yaay! I Got An A!

I was going to be a snob and blog about the A I got in Psychology, that Aik Leong say would be "criminal" if I did not get. Bwahahaa, but I decided to blog about Cranberries anyway.

My awe for them is so very much renewed.

I used to like Cranberries a lot. They are a wonderful band with a lot of insightful and powerful lyrics that had been a great source of inspiration to me when I was younger. Yet, I have forgotten about all of that. I don't know why, but as time goes by, they just kinda ceased to be that prominent to me.

Until today.

I was a fan of them during their "Bury The Hachet" days, and for a while after that. But with the exception of "Ode To My Family" and "Zombie", I have heard very few of their earlier songs before "Hachet". And how stupid I was. I got to listening to one of their first few albums "No Need To Argue" today, and it is simply amazing. I know it is an old album, but fantastic music never gets old. It is just that great, especially the track Yeats' Grave.

W.B. Yeats is one of my favourite poet and the song just seems so much more poignant when you know a bit about Yeats, his life, his muse and his inspirations. Simply a beautiful, beautiful song.

Goes to show again that time has no ravages on music created akin to art.