Sunday, September 09, 2007

Macau Trip Part I

Macau! My home for the next 3 - 4 weeks, depending on when I feel like going back... Hiak hiak.

The first two days here itself was already rather exciting for me. After I reached Jasu's place and dropped off my luggaga, we went to this place the locals know as "The Fountain" and tried some of the local food. The pork bun is FANTASTIC. *slurp*

We walked around for a while after that and took a look at the St Paul's Ruins, but had to rush off for our ferry to Shen Zhen as we had to send Jasu's friend, Li Yue aka Moonie back to China the next day and we had reservations to stay overnight there.

But we missed the last ferry to go, and had to take a bus from Zhu Hai at around 9 plus, which means we would only reach Shen Zhen almost close to midnight. Between our tireness and our worry that we would lose our room, we somehow managed to check-in at the Best Western Felicity Hotel a little after midnight. It's a 5-star hotel which is kinda old, but the staff is really friendly and the rooms are very clean. The staff even extended our check-out time to 3 pm because we arrived late. Now that is what I call a 5-star service!

After we woke up in the morning, we took the hotel transport to the Windows Of the World theme park, which showcases miniature replicas of famous places from around the world. The ticket costs about RMB 120 which is around SGD24 or so. At first I thought it was a little expensive, but after going in, I thought that it was money well-spent. The replicas were all very intricate and life-like. It almost felt like we were there at the actual location sans the size. Although the weather was really hot, I really enjoyed myself there.

After that, We went back to our hotel for a short rest, and then took a cab over to this place known as "Dong Men€" that the hotel staff reccommended for some "cheap shopping". It was kinda disappointing for me, I did not really get anything. The people there are kinda pushy when it comes to getting you to buy stuffs, while the tourists are rude like hell! They kinda just push over you if they want to get through, no excuse me or anything! But I guess you kinda get used to people like that after a while.

Around evening time, after sending Moonie to the airport, me and Jasu began our bus ride back to Zhu Hai and then to Macau. We did a little walking around in Zhu Hai and bought some DVDs, and came back home!

Just around 48 hours here, and already I feel like I have been here for days, although I enjoyed myself thoroughly! =D Expect more of my trip experiences in days to come!