Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tokyo

My third day here in Tokyo and I am managing well, I guess. So much better than the first day when I reached Tokyo, realised that my friend won't be here for another two more days and felt really alone.

Making my way to the hotel was fine, as my mind was preoccupied with familiarising myself with the subway system. It was not until I settled into the hotel, that the quietness of the quaint little hotel started to spook me.

I fell asleep in my room, while waiting for the dryer to finish drying my clothes, then jerking awake about half an hour later, and have this irrational fear that my clothes have been stolen or something, and immediately felt like crying.

I quickly rushed to the laundry room to look for my clothes, which of course were still there (I mean, who would want to steal some old clothes), and went back to my room feeling like a broken doll.

But it was not until I fell asleep again that the loneliness really started to set in. I think I slept for about half an hour before I jerked awake again. Thinking that I am still in the States, surrounded by my friends, I burst into tears when I realised that I was alone. Six weeks of constant company and now being alone was really having its toll on me.

I guess I had been travelling for too long and really miss home.

After a ridiculous amount of time sobbing, I finally fell asleep again before jerking awake again at about 2 am in the morning (jetlag?). Feeling miserable, I decided to go to the hotel lobby and see if there was anyone online to talk to. And thankfully my BFF - the ambassdor of sexytime, Christopher Jack Tan - was still awake and online. I talked to him for a while, and to a couple of my other classmates who got online as well. I finally felt so much better.

The second day in Tokyo proved to be so much better, I joined a guided tour and visited some really cool places in Tokyo and also went for a Kabuki show, which is simply beautiful, albeit a little slow.

Tokyo is finally looking up for me. And I hope to be able to enjoy myself more in the upcoming week.

PS: Going to Tokyo Dome, Shinjuku, and possibly catching a movie today at the Ginza area. Plans subjected to change.

PSS: The Japanese are so nice and helpful! I vow to help any Japanese who needs help from now on with the upmost diligence and dedication!

PSSS: The Japanese are very black people. Almost all of them, males and females alike, wears black. Kinda cool. Hehheh.