Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Happier Update

It's the third and last week of my lessons in OKC, which means that my stay in US is almost half over. I will be home soon in another three weeks time.

I am feeling so much better now. Though not before an exciting episode of being sent to the hospital after coming down with a severe stomachache and stomach flu. Not sure what to do, and worried about me, my friends called for an ambulance. I have to say that the medical care in US, or at least in OKC, really disappointed me. I had to wait for a long time, before a doctor came to look at me, both times I went back, and even the nurses seems really uncaring and just go about in their robotic routines. And because I had to be on IV twice, I have big bruises on both arms, because of the rough way they did it. Nothing compared to Singapore. And the hospital I went to is supposedly one of the best in the city. Sigh.

And although it's supposed to be common in US, but they injected me with morphine! The moment the morphine was injected, HIGH! I can just feel my vision, going all the way upwards. Not sure if that is the best way to describe the feeling. But the most HIGH thing should be the bill that I am now saddled with, USD 1700!!! Not high also cannot already. I do have travel insurance, but it seem like the hospital is not even sure how I can go about getting the claim.

Anyway, I am slowly adapting to the weather, which is good. I can eat better now, and I am not so scared of the cold, which is funny, considering that the weather is really getting cold now. Oh yeah, and there was a big ice storm the past couple of days, and my hotel lost its power because of that. Try sleeping in a room, in winter, without any heating device. All I can say is that the feeling is JIN HIGH!

Oh well, I one more week in OKC, before Las Vegas. SIN CITY! HERE I COME!!!