Friday, March 27, 2009

Something Worth Mentioning

Oh yeah. Something pretty funny happened yesterday that I forgot to blog about because I was having a really bad stomachache. I think I ate too much. -_-

Anyway, I was walking to the MRT station after work with my colleague, Yanqi, and I was babbling away about magic and the new 刘谦 (I don't know why, but I just like to type his name in Chinese) book that I bought.

Then when I took out the book and waved it in her face, her eyes suddenly went round and she asked me why I bought the book in a voice of despair.

I still thought what happened.

Apparently, she and the rest of the PA ladies bought the same book for me as a surprise farewell gift.

Oh noes! Gua gua gua~~~

I really did not expect that.

I mean, they don't even know who he is and Yanqi, who went to buy the book, don't even read Chinese. Yet they heard me babbling away about him everyday, and decided to get me the book.

It's really so sweet of them.

And Yanqi told me that she had to Google for "Taiwanese magician" and go through a lot of funny, funny Chinese websites. She also had to go to Kinokuniya and ask for "the magic book written by that Taiwan guy" because she couldn't even remember his name.

Hehheh. Even though I am very amused by this, I am still very touched by this gesture. It's nice to know that despite my short time in the company, I made some really good friends.

Thanks for the effort, ladies. Much appreciated.