Sunday, July 05, 2009

Observations Of The BJN

Observation #1: When you grow to become a certain age, you kind of become more fearful of loneliness. Certain activities, which before can be conducted in solitude, now seems so unachievable if you don't have someone doing it with you. Perhaps it is the realisation that EVERYONE around you seems to be shacking up with someone or another. The very foreboding trepidation that eventually you will be the ONLY one left without anybody to associate or consort with is, indeed, very real.

Observation #2: I am so grateful that if I have nothing else, at least I still have the ability to read, write and understand meaning. To lose myself in a book, to put down my feelings, and to feel a thrill every time a significance becomes apparent. It is simply an exquisite reminder that I am still alive.

Observation #3 is a series of observations that I had whilst watching Transformer 2.

I. I love this one better than the first one because it is soooooo archaeology, with a little bit of myths, ancient history and the works. It's just not a good movie if there are no sand and dust involved!

II. Why are the Decepticons always so unpleasant looking? Will it kill them to at least take care of themselves aesthetically once in a while?

III. Why are characters like the butcher guy and the website guy always given the gay treatment? What's wrong with having them actually get the girl for a change?

IV. I LOVE BUMBLE BEE! *gush gush* He's like some Autobot romance hero hunk with lots and lots of muscles. The way he tore that Decepticon apart... OOOOOO... I can just so marry him and have a bunch of tiny little robot kids right there.

V. Does anyone else have this incessant urge to yell "RUN CHICKENS! RUN!" while watching the movie too?

And on a side note, I bought a new iron today! I am very excited about it, and am presently going to do some ironing on the new ironing board that Mumsies purchased just so I can use the new iron.

There is something about ironing that soothes the mind. Oh and try watching the washing machine go about your laundry if you have the chance. There is something very calming about the way it dances and tosses the clothes around.