Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Travel Log.Phuket

I suppose it's time I blog about my maiden trip to Phuket. It was a relaxing trip with lots of suntanning, massages and good food. I look so healthy now with my tanned shoulders, when all I did was just lie around and let the sun rays do their job. Haha!

Although it was a bit lacking sightseeing wise for me, I will definitely go back again because it was just so relaxing! Other than the above mentioned activities, me and Lyn also went for elephant trekking, movies and tried to act like shooting pros playing House Of The Dead 4 at the arcade in Jungceylon.

Oh and have I mentioned the tons of cute, tanned guys milling around in nothing more than beach shorts? ;)

Some choice pictures (is 40 considered some?). The rest will be up on Facebook whenever I can get them up.


On flight with my travel buddy and Xiao Qing!


Streets of Phuket


Our hotel, Mercure Patong


The room, we got an upgrade too!


Night streets of Phuket


Our favourite snack, crepes! But they call it pancake there, so pancake it is!


Flavour of choice: banana and nutella. Yummers!


Everyone in Phuket is wearing one of these singlets, I am fashionable in Phuket!


Elephant trekking time! So cute hor, this elephant!

The elephant trekking was pretty awesome. There was...


Jungle view


Sea view


And road view!!! Call me suaku, but I was damn impressed when the elephant walked onto the main road!


Happy girls atop the elephant


With our elephant master and the elephant. He seems to be the leader, walking in front all the way. So cool!


Another elephant in the pack stopping to poop and take a leak. Look at the amount of piss!!! SWISH~~~

Only in Phuket, you can see a random toilet bowl out in the open, in the middle of nowhere...


Like that.


Time to feed the elephants! Yippie! 大象, 大象, 你的鼻子为何那么长? 妈妈说鼻子长才是漂亮!!!


At the beach!


Tried talking to the dog, no response. I wonder whether it will respond if I speak Thai...


The roof top pool deck at our hotel. Love it! I was there all the time, tanning and swimming because there was practically no one there. I even went up just to do some reading and take a nap by myself when Lyn was off diving.


Chilling on a pool deck with some margaritas. Life does not get better than this. With alcohol so cheap, even a non-drinker will want a sip.


My "Legally Blonde" moment. Hoho.


The pool downstairs, we only went once because it's always so crowded. Me no likey.


Best dinner in Phuket! Seafood basket! Lobster lobster, I lub chiu!


Lobster, lobster, I'm gonna eat chiu!


Brekkie on one of the days


Jungceylon. Not really into the shopping there though.


It's Halloween~~~


Lunch at Harry's Restaurant (I think). Pork tenderloin with asparagus and shrimps. Slurp~~~


At the beach again!


Both of us had friends who were there as well, so we had dinner together on the last night.


Old coconut! No taste!


Tom yam gooooooooooooooong!!!


Tutu and Us


Interesting object spotted: Mobile ATM! Both Lyn and I agree that we will never take money from something like that. So dangerous!


Chilling out at a cafe near our hotel


Last day... I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!


Lunch at Pizza Company before we go. I love the pizzas there! Had it twice. Their cheese crust, basically our stuffed crust, is so nice! Cheese that melts in your mouth!


Our 600 baht transport to the airport. Byebye Phuket! I WILL BE BACK!

PS: A special note to my travel buddy. Had loads of fun walking around 38ing with you. More trips to come! =D