Thursday, December 02, 2010

My Fandomsy

I caved!

I am going to the Face Shop event after all. I found the opportunity to procure a ticket to the event and just could not pass it up. I even did sudden death with a coin, and the Powers-That-Be are in favour of going!

Damn. It's been years since I did fandom stuffs, I am feeling excited and a little out of my league at the same time. I don't really remember what to do anymore. Although I am actually not very good at this kind of things in the first place. I don't make banners, except digital ones, or intricate handmade gifts. I don't like to scream or wave bright, flashing, neon stuffs, nor am I particularly interested in queuing up for hours just to get autographs.

I am a bad fan, aren't I?

Then why go?

I just like to see. To lay eyes on the actual solid 3D mass of a human that you see in 2D on your monitor is a very exhilarating feeling. I don't mind paying money for their products and live events, and if there is a chance to talk to them, take photos and touch them a little shake their hands, then great! But I just don't like to do anything to loudly and openly declare that I-AM-YOUR-FAN-I-WILL-ALWAYS-LOVE-YOU-AND-I-WANT-TO-HAVE-YOUR-BABIES-AND-WIPE-YOUR-SHIT-FOR-YOU-FOREVER-AND-EVER-YEAH!!! I don't really need them to know that I am a fan. I just like to see the real thing because it's fun.

Quietly, at the back, would be pleasant enough. So that people won't notice immediately that I am a grown-up amongst the younglings. OMG! I cannot wrap my head around it! I have a job which requires me to hold my own against big, burly construction workers who was about ready to storm my office just because they don't have their credentials to work. I think they will laugh if they see me running around to see celebrities!

Ahhh! Don't care! I've never been to a proper Fan-Meet-And-Greet before anyway, so it would be an interesting experience. So I will be the auntie standing in the corner giving out free diapers and candies. Come say hi if you are there too!